Saturday 11 October 2014

Mooshy's Madness for Hats

The wonderful Anna May Wong
I recently aquired a consignment of hats, well make that a few consignments of hats - (what do they say about waiting for a bus?????)
SGK & SGM - Copy - Copy 2
I used to wear hats quite a lot in my younger years but somehow never quite require the need, or desire, should I say to wear one now!  Saying that - I did don a liberty silk turban at our last  Bibalala  event, which was quite liberating, I must say, and I intend to make the most of the current trend and add a splash of colour to my otherwise Black wardrobe!
  I do love to see a woman wearing a hat, it seams like she's gone that little bit further to perfecting her 'Look' and more to the point - She has confidence!!!!  -  
Now don't get me wrong there are hats and there are HATS - Pulling a knitted beanie hat over your greasy locks to hide the fact that you got up late, or your roots are an inch long (50 shades of grey has a completely different meaning here!) is not an act of nonchalance - quite the opposite in fact - its - "Make me disappear into oblivion"  -  But choosing a vintage, crepe, pleated turban (still tucking the crowning glory away) emphasising those arched groomed eyebrows, that smooth flawless 'Mac' veiled skin, those outlined glossy pouting lips gives a whole new meaning to a 'Bad hair Day'
Collage
Anyway getting away from turbans and getting back onto the subject of hatsyes hats real hats, and I have many in my little trove of treasures (Mooshy La La's Attique) in fact I have enough to open a hat shop! So I am in the process of photographing each one & describing and dating them to the best of my ability, this may take some time, so please bear with me!
I will list each one as and when I have displayed & photographed them - their ages range from Victorian through to present day!
DSC_0251 - Copy
Gold silk brocade turban style hat, embellished with old gold ostrich feathers. c.1950
10525903_535053736623884_6795397442633324505_n (1)
 
fuschia collage
Chic 60's fuchsia swirling velvet conical shape with iridescent dark green cockerel feather trim
 
10491259_535046636624594_7502545186947504745_n (1)
feather cream  Collage
A magnificent statement hat from the 50's in pale cream lush feathers, such a flattering vintage piece, would look stunning on a winter bride!
10492401_535067683289156_8849666238632595728_n
Shimmering olive concertina satin trimmed with deep ruby edging form this unusual millinery delight. A "standoutinthecrowd" piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment